Thursday, February 18, 2010

The 6 Week Phenomenon

I'm not a complainer (cough cough yes I am) but there's something I have to get off my chest.  Why is it that I'm always falling for some older, charming guy that starts acting all batty after 6 weeks together? What are these people looking for and why the hell isn't it me?  Dammit. I can screw all the 25 year olds I want and walk away completely unscathed emotionally, but get me near somebody over 30 and I'm a complete basketcase. SERIOUSLY. Its like some kind of voodoo magic spell that these supposed "successful" "men" put on me. Maybe my focus on the guy's accolades blinds me to his relative disinterest in my needs and wants.  Or maybe I'm dating out of my league. I don't know, but let me just say that having sex for fun is really up my alley so don't even think about asking me for a date. Unless you're older than me. But then be prepared that I'll most likely fall in love with you and you'll be forced to either a) drop me cold turkey or b) let me down easy by saying how much you like me and then never calling again, or c) tell me that you're just crazy, as if that would make me go away.  Apparently, as long as you do it about 6 weeks after you meet me, it's perfectly acceptable to break my heart.

My mom advises me to become celebate for the next year.

1 comment: