Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wipeout

Oh holy shitballs! Wipeout!
Last night was one of those weird I-don't-know-how-I-didn't-see-this-one-coming kind of nights.  I started the afternoon with a couple of beers at lunch... and next thing I know I'm looking up at the night sky from the pavement. 
If you know me at all, you know that at any given moment something is troubling me.  Last night, there were at least three things troubling me, all of them male.  Not that it is an excuse for bad biking, but my brain likes to trick me into ordering another drink when I get overwhelmed.  And seeing the guy I'm trying to get over walk in as soon as I'm about to leave the club, well that's overwhelming.
I want to be friends with this person, but unfortunately I also shared a toothbrush with him not that long ago.  Incredibly enough, the mopey female side of me only kicks in when I want someone I can't have... The rest of the time, you know I'm a total dude. 
So I tried to play it cool, but as I'm was biking away, I just had to take a hand off the bike and wave goodbye to Eugene. Mind you, I turned my body fully around to do this wave, and as I was yelling his name, I felt a tilt like no other. I'd only heard about these kinds of crashes, but the feeling is really something to be savored.  A wiggle, a wobble, a wave of confusion, and a sudden patter of footfall.  As I'm being lifted up, I find myself fully hysterical with laughter.  It was one of the more ridiculous displays of drunken behavior I've ever executed, and I can only imagine how 3-stooges I must have looked.  As Eugene put it, I "definitely lost a few cool points." 
I'm lucky because Taylor is a medic and he was right there to remind me that I had, unfortunately, survived the crash.  Just a couple of scrapes and bruises.
The real damage is to my ego because I'm pretty sure that guy I can't get over was driving away as it happened, and well, I have a pretty strong feeling that was the icing on that cake. 

I'm determined not to have another crush until I'm out of high school.

1 comment:

  1. im picturing you now and it is not pretty...did someone at least buy you another beer out of pity??? I feel like you needed it

    ReplyDelete