Thursday, September 3, 2009

Cell Phone Insurance?

For fucks sake, people. Come on. Cell phone insurance? Really? (Feel free to pause here and shout that with all the rancor and disgust it deserves.) Not only did it cost you $250.00 to buy the damn piece of plastic, but now you're supposed to pay the fuckers five extra dollars a month just so if you lose it at a club (or god forbid a taxi) you will now only have to give att or verizon or whatever other douchebag company you have $50.00 for a new phone as opposed to the original $250.00. I kid you not, these people told me the cheapest deductible is $50.00. REALLY? It's a fucking phone people! We used to buy landline phones for twenty bucks a pop, or those of us really crafty would just get an old clunker from the goodwill!
Honestly, I get why some people (johnny) need the insurance because they can't stop losing shit and these phones are motherfuckin' expensive. It seems worth it if you consider that being without a cellphone is akin to being without oxygen. You can live that way for about 5 illuminatory minutes before you suffocate and die, realizing that this whole time the joke was on you. So there's that option, there's the insurance option, or there's the don't lose your shit option, retard. All I'm saying is that the more of you assholes who give into this scheme, the more power you give to the other assholes that want to charge $250.00 for something that a small child was only paid 2 cents to make. Think about it... that's all I'll ever ask of you.
Thanks for tuning in to my first blog ever.

4 comments:

  1. Classic! I have lost at least 5 phones in my life time and it always gets my goat that I have to pay the $50 deductible on top of the $60 a year for the privelige of doing so. Also, thanks a million for pointing out that "I can't stop losing shit"!

    ~johnny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate all these companies wanting me to pay them dollars each month. The phone company, the internet company, the cable company, the credit card companies, the electric company, the gas company.

    jeeezus X.
    I only have so much blood to give.Strangely enough, the grocery store I don't mind. That's where I get the ice cream that gives me my orgasms.
    Cell phone insurance also probably doesn't give you a new phone but you buy a reconditioned phone same model you had before.
    jeeezus!
    what would jeezus do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My iphone needs a leash... $399 and there is NO INSURANCE AVAILABLE...? Ohhh, don't get me started!! I'm gonna make a iphone leash business, make them in all sorts of fun colors and sizes and textures(raise your hand if that just sounded like I was describing something at the sex shop) and make tons of money like all these other fucking companies...

    haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. doode phine, I realized after FOUR years that I had signed up for some bullshit cell phone insurance and was paying craploads for it. The D-holes at SFR (french cell phone peeps) took advantage of my less than perfect French and got me to sign on the dotted line. Figured it out finally and CANCELLED that crap. My phone isnt even worth 50 dollars let alone euros. geeeeez I feel ya
    ps - I like this phone leash idea

    ReplyDelete