Sunday, October 25, 2009

Holy Mother!

The usual no talk rule ("for-crazy-people-only") on the bus was shattered this weekend by none other than my mom (shocking, I know). What started off as an average busride on a Saturday afternoon soon became something I want to remember forever. I spent most the ride doubled over in stitches listening to my mom and some irish guy singing Death Cab for Cutie at the top of their lungs whilst the homeless and bedraggled conversed about whether or not Bob Dylan should ever be allowed outside by himself. Amazing that one woman could bring so many to unity during the span of one short bus ride from Haight Ashbury to Civic Center. Gavin Newsome would be proud!

Other highlights of the weekend included:
*American Idiot at Berkeley Rep theater... best musical I've seen to date (and just when I thought RENT had my heart!)
*Meeting Tony Vincent from the show, only to realize he was the same guy I had been staring at on Bart the previous evening, only to further realize he was the same guy who played Judas when I saw Jesus Christ Superstar in New York in 2000.
*NOT Fellini's in Berkeley, sorry guys.
*Club Deluxe on a Thursday, reconciling for the 2nd time with my old teach, and smoking a j with the boys (and momma)
*having breakfast with my mom in my kitchen... I'm an excellent cook btw
*Magnolia on Haight Street and the famous Jono (thank you for the beer)
*the bus ride
*NOT Ananda Fuara OR A Serious Man (although I kind of liked the movie)
*Meeting Terry and Mariah Carey's husband at random bar in Japantown... really? Yes, really. I have been officially invited into the Westside Cuts family, the barbershop down the street from where I live.
*Millenium! Never imagined I would be a VIP at any restaurant.
*Grove Street farmer's market and watching my mom fight the urge to buy a croissant, only to cave for the croissant mini.
*Discovering a new way to get to Bart from my house.
*The bittersweet ride back home after saying goodbye to my mom!

3 comments:

  1. okay so i had just written such a great comment but lost it all in the signing in and s..t. so now i've done that but i lost my pizazz. just to say you have a serious way with words and i left a piece of my heart in sf with you. we were COLD at the greek @ regina concert. she is like a little doll angel. remembered you and me and the raconteurs and how we just strolled in like we owned the place, a couple of baby dynamos we were. your weekend rap-up was amazing right there, captured it all. ps, the critics do love "a serious man". can't believe i had to re-write this. oh well life is not always perfect and it's past my bedtime(as usual). ernie b-day party at the sundowners tomorrow night. new family trip in a month! keep on rockin' in the free world, little hot momma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps, i love the word bittersweet. it is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Helene....gotta love that girl

    ReplyDelete