Sunday, October 4, 2009

It was only a half

This distinction is important: a "half marathon" is NOT the same thing as a "marathon". One is 13.1 miles and the other is 26.2. So if I say I'm running a "marathon", feel free to correct me by saying, "no, that's a half you're running." Because someday I will run a full marathon, and at that point I'll be able to go, "Actually, it's a full marathon this time."
Today, I completed the San Jose Rock n Roll half marathon in 2 hours and 29 seconds. I improved 5 and 1/2 minutes over my first half marathon which I ran in July. Training pays off! Too bad I can't seem to shave that 5 and 1/2 minutes off my commute to work. J Lee would appreciate it if I showed up on time for once, I'm sure.
I'm also considering enrolling at City College to study music with professionals, aka I'll learn music without the bug-infested house of that one lady I tried, the sex-den of that vocal coach, or the "conflicted" personality of my last serious teacher. Throw me a friggin' bone here people! How many times does a girl have to be swindled out of $50.00 before the message gets through? If you want quality, don't shop for a teacher on Craigslist. Also beware extremely attractive teachers... they tend to bite.
In closing, there's a reason why people go to school to study something. That's where teachers work. Even if sometimes I miss Charlie, it's high time I went to a learning establishment to learn something, rather than my friend's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment