Monday, November 9, 2009

In Italian, piano means soft and slow

Ahhhhhh, the weekend.  It was fun, and interesting, and as usual I had a lot of stuff to think about.  Last night was Edith's birthday (I love this girl) so we did some karaoke.  I am SO glad that no one I know goes to this bar because I can't sing karaoke worth a damn.  People would never take me seriously if they met me at a karaoke bar.  Not to mention that it requires absolute beligerence.
So I'm standing out front of the bar, 4-drinks-in-2-hours deep, talking to my good buddy Jesse Lee.  He's popping wheelies on my bicycle, which is hilarious to me, and we're shooting the shit having a blast.  Well, who should come swaggering past but my old teacher, M.Parsons.  I forgot Jesse was even there.  I still love this guy, in a person-to-person way, where my heart gets all goosebumped just looking at him.  Being sauced like I was, I think I hit on him (oops) and then confessed that I can't play the piano without thinking about him and that for awhile I was f-ed up over it.  ahhhhh truth serum.  It was a sad affair because I was having so much fun but went home feeling kind of sad and lonely. 
The question at this point is: why not show people how much you care?  It's really hard to do, but if we practiced it more, imagine all the love people could have in their lives.  Often times I am honest and tell people the truth.  Maybe it's the recession, but I just seem to get poor returns on that investment.  That's ok but I find myself wondering... is love too intense?  Is feeling a turn off? 

Love IS the answer, and I wouldn't change that if I could. 

Oh Beatles...

No comments:

Post a Comment