Friday, May 20, 2011

Basque Country

We are in San Sebastian which is really different from the rest of Spain.  Did you know they speak Basque, which looks like Arabic or Hebrew or something like that... ? In fact they´ve been trying to emancipate and escape the Spaniards for 1000 years!  That´s funny because we were starting to feel that way too...

Now that I got my money (with a new Western Union form), I´m fully ready to enjoy tapas, vino, and all the other offerings of San Sebastian Donostia. So far, we have spent a lot of quality time on the beach, where I went topless (!), been in and out of the tabacos shop for postcards and stamps, cooked dinner at our super cute hostel, and drank with the locals at a jazz bar...which hasn´t had live jazz since 1984! gah! The night might have ended with some of the city´s famous ¨maryjane¨ but in adhering to the ¨what happens in basque country stays in basque country¨  rule, I´ll never tell.

Back to the beach and mas tapas ahora!

2 comments:

  1. topless just like a hippie from the 60's. sounds like a blast! my favorite song on that muse cd is track 6, the one about "together we're invincible. . ." enjoy a tapa on me and keep on "basqueing" love love

    ReplyDelete